The Roman Baths
Roman Baths of Ankara, Altındağ district of Ankara's Ulus Square to Yildirim Beyazit Square extending located on Çankırı Street.
In the 3rd century by the Roman Emperor Septimius Severus, the son of the god of health Caracalla it was made on behalf of Asklepios. Financial support has enabled the rich city of Tiberius Julius Justinian. Today it is a mound of this platform, called the Roman Baths, the top Roman (Byzantine and Seljuk Partly floors), it was found under the ruins of his Phrygian Age settlement.
the stone ruins beneath the mound very well protected in a way that is able to understand the plan of the building. According to a provincial city of the building appeared to be according to the standard of many imperial baths.
Bath 80 x 130 m. In size, it made of stone or brick. with entrance on Çankırı Street, a colonnaded portico called physical education and Palaestra spread over a large area surrounded by the ruins and places where wrestling is entered. This section has four rounded corners and a column written many columns located on the right side of the road.
just behind the sports field phirigidari I (cold) side, while the left edge of the seating places are located piscine (swimming pool) and apoditari (dressing location) is located standoff with right round made Tuğlular column parts. In second place is located tepidarium (warm room) There are still pieces from the round brick columns in the part. They were bathing rooms located on these columns. Caldarium (temperature) the part is located at the rear of the bath, there are 12 burning room.
The reason for being larger than other parts of the warm room temperature and must be connected to the part of Ankara's very cold winter conditions. They are supported by around an underground heating system consisting of brick columns which warm air circulates freely from the stove and heat were so in this room above.
VII. The building was badly damaged in a fire as a result spent centuries from the coins found during excavations, it is used with a period of about five hundred years and is understood to be repaired from time to time.
Between the years 1938-1943 during archaeological excavations carried out by the Turkish Historical Society, revealed the dressing and place on the bottom of furnace parts and service roads washing bath.